May 18, 2020
To our valued patient family:
Our community has been through quite a bit, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines while adapting to and implementing the “new normal”. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety and the highest quality dental care. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), California Department of Public Health (CDPH), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. All changes have been either required or recommended by federal and state agencies. We have also researched and implemented advanced measures to further insure your protection. We have made these changes to help protect both our patients and our staff. Implemented changes listed at end of this communication.
Please be aware of the steps outlined below for your next appointment:
1. You will be questioned, by text, e-mail, or phone, at the confirmation of your next dental appointment. The questions will be directly related to health issues and their correlation with the Covid-19 pandemic
2. Once you arrive to your appointment, please remain in the car and call our office to let us know that you have arrived. We will sign you in and then call you back once we are ready. FACE COVERINGS will be REQUIRED in our facility upon entry and until we advise you to remove it. Please be on time and don’t arrive more than 15 minutes earlier than your scheduled appointment.
- NEW PATIENTS/ CONSULTATIONS: Please minimize your party to include only the patient and a legal guardian (where indicated)
3. At your appointment, you will be asked to use hand sanitizer, followed by having your temperature and a pulse-oximeter reading taken. Your temperature will be measured using a no-touch infrared thermometer. You will
again be asked questions directly related to health issues and their correlation with the Covid-19 pandemic.
4. We are requesting that only the patient(s) and parent/guardian enter the office at the scheduled appointment time. All other family members are asked to not enter the office. This is to facilitate social distancing within our office.
California Department of Public Health (CDPH) had given permission to begin a soft-opening starting Monday, May 18th, 2020. However, we pushed that date to Tuesday May 26 th to ensure all safety protocols were in place. We look
forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Please call soon in order to schedule your next appointment. We
truly appreciate your patience and understanding during these difficult times. THANK YOU for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back. We are SO excited to be able to see your smiling faces again!
Please continue to see the list of upgrades we have made to our office.
God bless you!
Dr. Robert Mohn and Dr. Cole Scott
List of Safety Upgrades
1. Cold-air plasma generators have been installed on both of our air conditioning systems to further enhance viral disinfection
2. No-touch Hand sanitizer dispensers and tissues in all common areas.
3. No touch waste receptacles in the waiting area, operatories, and restroom.
4. True HEPA filters have been placed in all common and clinical areas to purify the air constantly. Each area is equipped with a purifier rated for a significantly higher amount of square footage than the room it’s in. This will insure a rapid filtration and purification at all times
5. Plexiglass infection control guards have been installed in the reception area and the front desk area.
6. Multiple screening stations (temperature, pulse-oximeter and questionnaire) have been set up in our facility. No touch infrared thermometers and hand sanitizer will be used.
7. All employees are required to wear face coverings. For additional protection, our dental assistants, hygienists, and doctors will be wearing surgical and/or N-95 masks and/or a face shield during treatment procedures. Each provider will also be using one protective barrier gown per patient.
8. All employees will be required on a daily basis to go through the same screening procedures as our patients. Employee screening will be logged and kept on file. Any employee demonstrating elevated temperature or any symptoms of illness will be required to go home. Employees demonstrating any symptoms related to COVID-19 will be required to go home and be tested for COVID-19.
9. The number of patients in our facility will be reduced in order to allow for social distancing. Social distancing will be facilitated within our waiting area by having only five seating spaces available. Persons entering our facility will be limited to scheduled patients and their guardian/caregiver (when applicable).
10. All public contact areas are disinfected every hour. All operatories are thoroughly disinfected before each patient.
Again, we are very thankful for you as patients. Our ultimate goal is providing you the best quality dentistry in a clean, safe environment. We will continue to research the best and most current means of accomplishing this. Again, thank you for your trust and patience!